Saturday, February 25, 2012

Commentary

So my tweethis statement didn't appear to be as popular as my first about my paper, but the results were still helpful. One person commented: Your thesis is amazing. Just like in Pygmalion, Eliza Doolittle takes on the male role by being more outspoken then most women of the time. Shakespeare similarily structures Taming the Shrew with I think Kate being an outspoken woman instead of the submissive lady usually presented :)

I was pleased with this response. Also I haven't received any feedback on my paper so far. I could really use some feedback guys :)

Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. I tried commenting on your paper but it wouldn't allow me to do so! So, here's a quick little blurb about what I think about your paper so far. I can see the argument you make, but sometimes I tend to lose track of what I'm reading. Things seem a little scattered in places. Lik the beginning I didn't really understand how the aspect of a 'play wtihin a play' was important to the factor of women within Shakespeare. Maybe it's late and I'm tired but that's the impression I gained from it. But, that being said I think you have a really interesting topic and I can't wait to see the finished product! You are a very talented writer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mikhaela! I loved your ideas, and I can totally see this turning into a GREAT paper. I think it just needs a little more organization. I wrote out a couple pages worth of suggestions and questions and stuff (i know, so long, sorry! haha) but as kaleigh mentioned, I couldn't comment on the document. So can I just email that to you? or should I post it somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can send me an email: mikhaelac@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you have a very interesting topic. Some issues I saw were a few spelling errors such as "scene" instead of "seen." Your argument is also disjointed, which I understand is from being in the early stages of your paper. I really liked how you incorporated the movie interpretation into your paper. It really helps to strengthen your argument. :) You are a great writer, and I am excited to read the final product!

    ReplyDelete