Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pinning Shakespeare

My Shakespearean Pinterest:

I know that all the girls reading this (and some of the boys too) have been on Pinterest. Well, it's been my little guilty pleasure as of late and I have discovered some of Shakespeare's influence within. First I'd like to start off by saying that I had a teacher last semester who would post videos and cool things related to his class on a pinterest board. It is really easy to access and trace everything that has been pinned and it made finding everything online for that class nice and easy. The coolest part is that if you click on a pin it takes you to the person's site who posted it and if they have other cool things that you like you can follow them. That way you have access to more cool stuff they find. Also you can click again on the picture and it will take you to the website that they found the picture on. So you can discover all sorts of new websites. That's what made me decide to look up what Shakespearean goodies I could find through that site. (I've read far too many blogs today...I'm starting to sound like I blog more frequently than I really do)




I found pictures of Shakespeare and random quotes stuck on walls, in picture frames, and on someone's skin. I also found all different Shakespeare plays made into movies that I didn't even know existed. Cool mugs that you can buy...
...and even artwork that has been created for his plays.

I just find that having on a "board" full of really interesting and related materials is a good way to keep information easily accessible...maybe I'll start a Shakespearean Pin Board...

2 comments:

  1. I love Pintrest and welcome you to look at my "English Teaching" board.

    http://pinterest.com/taratara44/

    Let me just warn you that some things I have pinned are explicit/and or my be offensive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely start a board! That would be really helpful.

    ReplyDelete