Thursday, April 12, 2012

Re-purposed and doing just fine

I wanted to share a little bit more about my experience with the re-purposed paper. At first I really had no idea what I wanted to do, but talking with Professor Burton and Kaleigh really helped push me in a good direction. I knew I wanted to make a video, because I really enjoy making them and I knew that it would be a good medium. I also knew I wanted it to be interesting and engaging for anyone who watched it. It hit me as I was watching Modern Family one afternoon that I should make a mock-umentary. It's only a mock documentary because I wanted it to be more entertaining than what I imagine a real documentary being and I didn't document it as I was actually writing my paper. I only wanted to show the digital media side instead of the process as a whole. So it wasn't exactly true to form, hence mock-umentary.

I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I really like my end product. I think it is exactly what I wanted. Especially when Dr. Burton asked if he could use it as an example for a lecture. I was on cloud nine...I've never had a teacher actually want to keep something that I've created. (excepting a mask I made in 9th grade theater class, but still...) Mallory and the education majors also wanted to use my video in their presentation which I of course said yes too. I really meant what I said in my video, I did not want to make something that only I cared about. I wanted other people to like it too, and they did!

This re-purposed paper did exactly what I wanted it too. It incorporated all the things I love: Shakespeare, Acting, Creating, Filming, and Learning. It used the medium that I chose for a specific purpose and worked.


No comments:

Post a Comment